KS3 Maths Preparation Tuition in Halifax with Study Write
The Study Write Maths course is designed to prepare for their KS3 exams
– in the majority of cases it determines which Maths set the young person will be placed in for their GCSE teaching.
The Study Write Mathematics Key Stage 3 course is designed to embed and extend the learning of students in this core area. The courses seek to help pupils in Year 7, 8 and 9 adjust accordingly from Primary school expectations to meet the diligent approach to school life that is expected in Secondary school. The course in the first instance seeks to improve confidence and grades.
In addition to strengthening young people’s academic skills, the Study Write GCSE sessions teach time management, organisation skills and how to excel under exam conditions.
Using past exam questions, in and amongst the formal teaching of math concepts, the young people are taught how to answer exam questions successfully.
Study Write KS3 encourages young people to develop a positive work ethic and desire to succeed.
Progress is monitored and reviewed regularly, with feedback provided to parents and progress reports where appropriate to both student and parent.
Throughout the programme, children are seen to grow in confidence, knowledge and ability. This results in the students feeling ready for the next step in their school journeys.
An exemplar of a KS3 Mathematics Study Write Session.
- Core skills starter – real focus on build-up of basic skills and fluency of methods.
- Sessions then follow the National Curriculum elements of the KS3 programme of study, focusing on deep levels of understanding and application to real-life contexts. Problem Solving and Mathematical Reasoning skills are explicitly taught through use of exam-style questions.
- Sessions are styled around a key focus each week; this ensures pupils are not overwhelmed by concepts.
- These key focuses are discussed by the group at the start of the new half term and built into the planning by the Maths teacher in order to provide a more focused and personalised learning programme for our students.
- Weekly homework is set for the subject and children are expected to spend around 30 minutes – 1 hour to complete. The homework will provide elements of post-teaching follow-up and pre-teaching for the upcoming session.
Study Write KS3 provides all resources and homework required for these sessions.